FBT Horizon VHA118SA
PROCESSED ACTIVE SUBWOOFER
For larger spaces, the ground-stacked VHA118SA is an exceptionally powerful and versatile subwoofer that sets a new standard for SPL to size ratio. Comprising a single 18” B&C woofer, the birch plywood, bass reflex sub again deploys a laminar air-flow for refined performance, while its 2,500W Class-D amplifier module offers a selection of six entirely rewritten preset algorithms.
The design of the VHA118SA has produced a unique low-end module that is capable of generating extremely high levels of SPL for prolonged periods. Using BEM finite element simulations, FBT has optimized the woofer’s load volume, while careful study of the grille and the assembly’s protective fabric have minimized acoustic impedance for a net improvement in performance compared to previous models. The addition of the VHA118SA extends the overall system frequency response to 30Hz, while the sub can support fully ground-stacked configurations courtesy of special integrated mounting hardware.
- Bass-reflex amplified subwoofer
- 460mm (18″) high excursion woofer B&C with 100mm (4″) coil
- Frequency response from 30Hz to 100Hz
- 2500Wrms class D amplifier with switching power supply
- DSP processor with 6 presets, 6-step delay
- Control panel with XLR input and stereo link, volume, presets, delay, phase 0°-180°, status led
- Neutrik PowerCON TRUE1 IN and LINK power connectors
- Box in 18mm (0.7”) birch plywood with anti-scratch varnish
- Two M20 stand sockets and 4 FBT aluminum handles, predisposed for 4 x 100mm (4”) swivel casters
- Integrated mechanics compatible with VHA406A and VHA112SA for ground stack configurations.
- Extremely robust grid with protective fabric
- Ideal for reinforcing and extending the low range of the VHA system, it can only be used with VHA406A or as an infra if present also the VHA 112SA